Part-Time Students

Part-time status (11 units or less in a session) is granted only by permission through both the Office of the Dean of Students and the Office of the Dean of Faculty.

Where withdrawal from a course will jeopardize a student’s full-time status at the University, an undergraduate student may, under special circumstances, petition for part-time status, first by obtaining permission from his or her academic advisor and then by gaining approval of the Dean of Faculty and Dean of Students. Because transitioning from full-time status (12 units or more) to part-time status could impact a student’s financial aid, students are held responsible for notifying their parents or legal guardian of any changes in their status at the University and of any potential balance due.

This policy does not apply to international students who in order to maintain their visa status must be enrolled with a full time course load (12 units or more).